Wondering what you can do to build a strong mother/daughter foundation? Are you feeling like there is a disconnect between you two or you don't have much in common? Let us help you be inspired to find some common ground!
It's easy to be busy and not make time for the little things that add up to the big things in life. We're tired, we need to clean the house, we have tons of computer work to catch up on and the yard looks like a tornado went through it. Mom will be busy with busy work and daughter will sit on her phone. Sound familiar? But guess what, that stuff tends to wait for you, your daughter being 19, 15, 25 or even 35 won't wait. This day will pass by into another day like so many before it.
This warm autumn day, with the guys out of the house in California and a day to ourselves, I said "let's go somewhere, we can't have an inspiring day sitting in the house." So off we went to South Pearl Street in Denver. And we laughed until we cried (you try getting a good selfie with someone with no wrinkles), we found some really cute gift stores and had a more expensive than Starbucks latte and chai.
We realized when we each assessed our 5 favorite activities, we were able to recognize how they popped up just by spending a few hours together.
1. Shopping - As long as it involves clothing, candles and bargains. I'm always up for any type of shopping spree!
2. Drinking Chai - I'm always down for a Starbucks run or even better our local cafe, Cookies and Crema
3. Cattle - Now that I've aged out of showing I've stayed busy by starting my own business of selling show steers.
4. Vacation - My favorite vaction to go on is Mexico with my family. I sure love to annoy my brother, eat endless amounts of rice pudding and nap by the pool and ocean.
5. Ditto my moms extra #5. Weekend away, hanging out and going to the spa with my bestie Bradi and my 3 aunts. Next time my 4th Aunt is coming too!
Found the cutest little gift store on South Pearl Street today. Loved their burp rags, I'll keep them in mind for down the road, far down the road ;) Candles, stationary and lotions.
1. Sew, create and look at beautiful things - Drapery, houses, fabrics, flowers, furniture
2. Read - I'd love to spend the day reading but would give myself a major guilt trip
3. Skiing (me)/snowboarding (Chase)- Even though I'm good with only a few runs I feel like this is something that Chase♥ and I can do together that is a special bond between the two of us. I can keep up with him and it's something he loves.
4. Drinking coffee/eating out - I'm putting them together so I have one more spot!
5. Hanging out in Mexico (or any tropical beach) with my hubby ♥.
5. See how I snuck an extra one in there! Weekend away, hanging out and going to the spa with my 3 aunts and Wren ♥
Found the cutest Little Free Library at the front of someone's house. I'm going to ask Shawn to make me one for our neighborhood. Can't wait to see how fancy he makes it, it'll be magazine worthy!
Perspectives of a college girl and her mom. Both are women in transition. Both are fashion forward ladies. Both are strong, confident women. Both are ready to inspire YOU! Stay tuned for college tips, school advice, surviving empty nest syndrome, style & fashion tips and good ole keeping it real posts from a mom and her college girl.